Uff da!

Newly Registered? Post here and introduce yourself.
Stark77
Uff da!

Post by Stark77 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Tallahassee, FL
I was the original owner of a W210 up until a few weeks back when Hurricane Michael rolled through and wiped our cars and roof. I used some of the insurance money from the Benz to buy a 2004 S80 2.5t from about a mile up the road. It was a one-owner vehicle with meticulous service records and about 100k miles - garage kept and excellent condition. I did all of the Benz service and repairwork myself, so I'm loaded with metric tools and TORX sockets/bits.
In the 2 weeks I've had the car, I've already personally fixed all issues (fuel door hinge and spring, 2 missing door lock bezels, crappy euro-designed cup holder, center console lock/push buttons, glovebox strut, cleared SRS code, engine air filter, cabin air filter) that I noticed during my inspection. I still need to replace the fuel filter.
Arriving today is tuner and stage 1 tune from BSR.
Arriving tomorrow is 7" touchscreen with bluetooth, gps and backup camera to replace the stock unit along with the appropriate faceplate and wiring harness.
Arriving this weekend is an R exhaust manifold
Arriving next week is air intake and intake manifold spacer/gasket.
Future plans for the first half of 2019 are to drop in 16t with billet wheel, 3" downpipe and do88 intercooler along with a beefier transmission cooler.

Looking forward to becoming more familiar with the 2.5t powerplant, car seems solid and I like it so far!

RobT5
Re: Uff da!

Post by RobT5 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:08 pm

Welcome to the forum!
The Boss

tchnprgrmr

Post by tchnprgrmr » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Welcome! Sounds like you have a good list of mods planned.
1998 C70 Coupe M56 - Too many mods to list

Stark77

Post by Stark77 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:22 am

tchnprgrmr wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:41 pm
Welcome! Sounds like you have a good list of mods planned.
Thanks! BSR tune went on over the weekend after they were finally able to read my data file. Boost is nice! The turbo was just replaced about 10k miles ago, so I hate to be working on this 16t rebuild (plus billet wheel) and install, but I feel like it will be a good way to maximize power without compromising the transmission or stock rotating assembly.